Caring for your Christmas Tree
One of the most important things to help keep your tree as fresh as possible and prolong its needle holding ability is to have a water holding tree base along with the following simple steps:
- As soon as you arrive home, cut 2cm from the base of the trunk and place in a bucket of water like you would a cut flower.
- Store your tree outside in a damp, shady place in the bucket of water until you are ready to put your tree up in the home.
- To display your tree in your home, place in a water holding tree base, preferably away from radiators or direct heat.
- And don't forget to check and top up the water for your tree daily as it is surprising how much they can drink!
Water Holding Tree Bases
We have a huge choice of water holding tree bases at the farm. These are essential for keeping your tree nice and fresh. We have a variety of designs to suit all budgets and tree heights.
- Entry level 'Quick Stands'
- Cinco range in a variety of height
- Krinner ratchet stands
- Decorative cast Iron stands